Good Corporate Citizens
Prioritizing ESG Principles Alongside Health and Safety Practices
Greenfield acts as good corporate citizens and has built a business that strives to improve both the environment and the communities in which we operate. By enabling our customers to achieve their environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals, we’re assisting the energy industry’s work to improve sustainability more broadly.
We express our promise to do our part to create a more sustainable world through our commitment to ESG principles and the health and safety of the people engaged in and affected by our infrastructure decommissioning work.
Greenfield recognizes that states, regulators and investors, among many other constituents, are focusing heavily on companies that take steps to improve or protect the environment. In addition to empowering our customers to cut emissions, we’re providing them with the ability to quantify, verify and validate their ESG efforts.
ESGESG Principles in Action
We founded Greenfield Environmental Solutions Group to help companies and governments meet their ESG priorities. Greenfield also aspires to live up to those principles as we generate value for operators and communities. We center our approach to ESG around three core beliefs:
- Restore the environmental footprint of our customers and our operations
- Provide substantial benefits to society
- Ensure our business strategies and activities best serve the interests of our stakeholders
Our customers are primarily engaged in the extraction of fossil fuels. Through our mission, we assist them in three principal ways: (i) responsibly decommission assets that have reached their economic end of life; (ii) measure and eliminate fugitive methane emissions; and (iii) appropriately restore the surrounding land to customers’ preferred state.
Our primary concern is the health and safety of our communities, customers, employees, contractors, visitors and vendors. We value diversity and inclusion as it promotes both general workplace wellness and employee productivity, and endeavor to invest in and source from local suppliers whenever possible. We believe we get the best out of employees when they feel valued, welcomed, accepted and safe.
Integrity underpins our commitment to responsible governance. Our internal policies and procedures support compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, including securities requirements. Since our founding, Greenfield’s board of directors has provided meaningful and independent oversight to ensure the best interests of all stakeholders.
Health and SafetyOur Commitment to Health and Safety
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our customers, employees, contractors, visitors and vendors at our sites, as well as to the communities we serve.
Greenfield strives to eliminate all workplace incidents, including injuries, occupational illnesses and property damage. Our governing health and safety principles include:
- Management is responsible and held accountable for overall health and safety on our sites
- Management must ensure appropriate risk management policies
- Everyone on our sites bears responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and those around them
- Management must provide everyone on our sites proper training and equipment so they can safely perform their jobs
- Everyone on our sites has the authority to stop and challenge unsafe activities
- Everyone on our sites must comply with established safety and health rules, laws and regulations
- We promote honest and open communication in all safety and health incident investigations
- Greenfield will constantly maintain and continuously improve our safety and health initiatives